Q: Diesel in gasoline tank

I accidentally put diesel in the fuel tank instead of gas. What do I need to do to fix it?

Yes, this can happen from time to time. The entire fuel system will need to be drained and flushed, the fuel filter, which is in the fuel tank as part of the fuel pump, may need to be changed. The tank may need to be dropped in order to get all of the diesel fuel out as well. Also the injectors and rail will need to be cleaned out as well. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one fromYourMechanic, who will have the tools and expertise to get the diesel fuel out of the fuel system and get the engine running back to running normally.