Q: Clunking noise on left front and limping motion when accelerate

We stopped at stop sigh and as soon as we excelled the left front started to make a clunk ckunk noise and was like a limping motion on same side as we went though the intersection and all the way into a lot. Could this be the transmission or what ? I thought if it was the transmission it would be both sides and I would have trouble with it shifting gears.

Hi Sandra. Thanks for contacting us today. If the noise is coming from one side, then it is likely caused by a damaged CV joint, wheel bearing or suspension or steering component as opposed to the inner transmission as you indicated. Since there are multiple possible causes of this noise, an onsite inspection should be completed by a professional mechanic to correctly identify the source of this noise and recommend the right repairs.

3. Clunking noise on left front and limping motion when accelerate