Q: Car wont move

I am almost certain this is the clutch failed. But if i were to diagnose the car for a bad CV and lets say I put the car in the air. would the wheels still turn since there is no resistance on all of them? My mechanic had the car in the air and none would move and the car currently puts no power to the ground whatsoever.

A: If the clutch has completely failed, it’s d...

If the clutch has completely failed, it’s definitely possible for it not to turn any wheels when in the air, just because the resistance in the drivetrain alone is enough to keep them from moving. With a working clutch, the car will usually turn all 4 wheels if its a quattro, or both front wheels if its an front wheel drive version. The wheels may not all turn at the same speed, but it will generally try to turn all the drive wheels, unless there is drag from a sticking brake caliper or something. CV joint failures are common on Audi’s, so I would plan on doing the clutch and at least one CV joint or entire axle shaft. You can get a quote for clutch replacement from a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.