Q: Car will not start - 2006 Volvo S40

When turning ignition engine does nothing not a sound. All lights work and all fuses appear to be good. New battery.

Hi and thanks for your question. There are three things that could cause this situation. Your vehicle could have a failed starter, a failed fuel pressure regulator, or a break in the wire from the ignition switch to the starter solenoid. Check all of the connections of the wires to the starter from the battery. Check the harness to the fuel pressure regulator for any debris or corrosion. If all of them are clean and tight, then get a digital meter and check the wire from the ignition switch to the starter solenoid for resistance. If there is no resistance or too high of resistance, then the wire needs replaced. If you need assistance with diagnosing or repairing this issue, a certified YourMechanic technician can come to your location to inspect your car’s non-start issue.

3. Car will not start - 2006 Volvo S40