Q: Car not starting, though dash lights work

I had a Check Engine light on for a while, but it would go out when I filled up with gas. I also noticed at 150,000 miles that the HV battery was draining. I replaced a bad cell in the battery. I now have a full cluster of warning lights on before working on the battery. The car would not start the last time I tried, though the dash lights were working.

A: I would start by checking the battery pack’...

I would start by checking the battery pack’s service plug to make sure it’s installed correctly. If the service plug isn’t restored to it’s original position, it can cause all of the warning lights to come on and prevent the vehicle from moving. You may recall when you serviced the battery, the steps you took to remove the plug: remove the service plug by sliding/pulling up on the handle and pulling it out towards the left fender. You want to reverse this procedure during installation. If this does not solve your problem, I suggest you have a trained mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose and repair your vehicle’s starting issue.