Q: Car has issues accelerating.

My car won't go past 15 mph it might jerk and go a little faster but not for long. When I was driving it just stopped accelerating I can push on the gas and it will barely go. It sounds the it's stuck in 3rd gear or something. But when I try to change gears from D to R it won't reverse and when I try to go from D to M1 or M2 it won't go. Hellpp

Hi there:

This issue seems to pop up frequently with Chevrolet Cruze’s between 2011 and 2012. Some of the common issues include problems with the turbo charger (if you’re Cruze is the turbo option) or the transmission has entered what’s known as "limp mode". This happens when the internal transmission sensors detect a mechanical error, causing the vehicle’s ECU to lock the transmission in a mid gear and restrict the acceleration to less than 30 mph; so you can "limp" the vehicle to the dealership for service. The best way to determine what’s causing this issue is to have a local mechanic complete a vehicle is hard to accelerate inspection first before you take it to the dealership for potentially expensive repairs.