Q: Car dies out, takes 20 minutes before it will restart

Car dies out after 20-30 miles after it has started. Then it takes between 20- 30 minutes before it will restart. Then it may make 5 miles or even 35-40 miles and then dies again. The car shops all say the same thing it must die out and not restart for 15-30 min so they can plug in to so they can figure it out.

Hi, thanks for writing in. If the problem is not present when diagnosing it, then a mechanic would be only guessing what may be causing the problem. You should have the vehicle diagnosed an extended amount of time so the mechanic can get the system tested to see if it is a loss of fuel pressure or a loss of ignition. If you would like help with this inspection, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect your vehicle for you, make a proper diagnosis, and make or suggest any repairs needed.