Q: Car bogs down when I cut the wheels too sharp

When I turn my wheels to sharply, it seems like the car almost quits moving forward. Seems like the power steering goes out but I checked the fluid. Is this a tranny prob? How much to fix it?

Your vehicle has a variable power steering assist. If you turn the steering wheel, a sensor will detect that the wheel is being turned and if you go all the way to lock the wheel the assist is lowered. This is a normal condition. When you put this load on the engine, the engine slows down and vehicle speed will too. If you have over-sized tires then they may rub, stop, or slow the vehicle. If you feel like this issue feels irregular or is a problem that just started, then have a mechanic diagnose and scan the computer.

If you decide to get this looked at, consider contacting a qualified mechanic who can properly diagnose the loss of power you’re experiencing and fix it accordingly.