Q: Caddie shaking an idling when I'm at a stop

I replaced my alternator an now my car shakes. Also when I stop at a red light while I'm holding the break the car seems to wanna take off seems as if I'm pushing the gas an holding the break an the car takes a 79 battery I checked it but it's a 78 in there from previous owner

Hi there. In most cases, when your engine will shake while idling after completing a replacement job, it’s due to a vacuum leak. Quite often, you’ll have to remove vacuum lines, air intakes or other components to access the alternator. It is very common for people to either forget to attach all the vacuum lines after installation or install them incorrectly. I would recommend first, double check all of your supporting engine components that may have been removed or loosened and reattach if necessary. If you still can’t find the problem, it might be a good idea to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete an engine idle is rough inspection.

3. Caddie shaking an idling when I'm at a stop