Q: Advice on buying a new American car

I am a 15-year-old looking for a car. I'm looking for a newer, 2007 new American vehicle like a Ford or Chevy car truck. Are higher trim levels more expensive to fix?

A: A lot of times they are more expensive. The...

A lot of times they are more expensive. The more luxurious cars are higher trimmed and have more bells and whistles that can break down. It depends on where you want the money you want to go. If you want an American vehicle, I’d say check out some of the Fords. I like the fusions. Road test the Fusion to see how you like it. If you can’t get one right away, go to a dealership. Try some of theirs and see if you like the Fusion. You probably are not going to buy a new one because you are only 15 years old and mentioned wanting a 2007, but at least you can see how it drives and then look for a good used one.