Q: 2017 Honda Civic quiet high pitch noise when I press the gas

asked by on November 29, 2017

When I have my radio off I hear a high pitch, electric like noise when I press the gas pedal and when I remove my foot from the gas it goes away. It almost sounds like a balloon about to pop. Is this normal?

The noise is most likely related to the operation of the turbocharger. Your vehicle is new enough that any malfunction would be covered by the warranty. To obtain confirmation that the noise is normal you can request warranty assistance from the new car dealer. If you request a vehicle noise diagnostic from yourMechanic, the responding certified mechanic will definitely find the origin of the noise, too, and the mechanic can determine whether it is normal. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.