Q: 2001 Dodge Interprid, starts and then dies

I have a 2001 dodge interpid . there are no check engine light problems . But when i cut my car on it dies on me . It will last about 5 mins before completely shutting off . The first time you start it up it doesnt take that long . After the second time i try to start it . It wont start . I have to wait at least 40 mins . But then its the same problem

A: Your symptoms sound very similar to a vehic...

Your symptoms sound very similar to a vehicle experiencing a faulty idle air control valve. Air metering is very important in the operation of the engine and a faulty valve, sensor, or air leak can throw things out of whack and cause rough running or a no-start situation. Check your service history and be sure all maintenance items are up to date. If you would like this taken care of, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car's location to diagnose the stalling issue and can perform any repairs as needed.