Q: 1997 Toyota Tercel brake lights , radio , clock, temp gauge all stopped working - head lights work and speedometer work - engine s

asked by on July 09, 2017

Tercel starts fine - engine runs great - head lights and speedometer work - all other gauges ,AC fan, tail lights , radio , clock all stop working at once - all fuses I checked look good -

It is possible that your alternator could be failing. When an alternator fails, it can cause other electroncis on the vehicle to malfunction. I would recommend starting by checking the charge output of the alternator using a digital multimeter. If the alternator is producing less than 14 volts, it is likely that the alternator has an issue. If the alternator is not the cause, I would recommend checking near the fuse box wiring for any shorts that may exist. If an electrical fault affects that many systems, the issue is likely near the fusebox