by Roberta from Orangevale, CA 95662
1. Quickly assessed the symptom was a dysfunctional battery, not a dead starter, as I had assumed.
2. When I advised him I had ongoing challenges with the battery draining, causing me to have to put the battery charger on it for 48 hours to recharge, he went to battery, looked at its specifications, and advised me, the auto repair shop that replaced the battery a few years ago, had installed a battery model that was woefully inadequate to handle the electric load for my luxury sedan.
3. Personable, polite, and courteous.
4. Patient, answering my questions, helping me understand what he was doing to resolve the issue.
5. Saved me over $100 on the service bill.
1. Not equipped with cover to place over vehicle to prevent marring the car finish. I put thick blankets on the car. This is not a huge issue. I've noticed other in-home mechanics also are not equipped with the item. Just the car repair shops. So, if you have anyone come to your garage to work on your car, you should be pro-active and put a cover on the interior carpet and thick (quilt type) cloth for the car area being worked on.