Q: WIndow regulator/motor replacement

My rear window regulators (both) are either malfunctioning or broken. The motors are still working because I can hear them and see them trying to move. They can slide down perfectly fine, but struggle and never made it up fully. My question are as follows: This issues is most likely the regulators and not the motor? And if this is the case, can I replace just the regulators instead of the motors as well?

Thank you

If the motor is fully functional, then yes, the mechanical component (regulator, track, and so forth) are probably binding and thus servicing those components should resolve the issue. However, that’s "if" the motor is fully functional. You could have a voltage drop to the motor or the motor itself could have faults such as dried out bearings supporting the armature. In any event, regardless of the exact cause, or combination of factors, the system is serviceable and can be restored to good operation. If you want the required diagnostic steps, and thence repairs, performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request a power window system electrical/mechanical diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. WIndow regulator/motor replacement