Q: why wont my ml350 start

i bought at auction 1 month ago, havent been able to start yet. i was getting no fuel at rail , so i changed fuel pump and fuel filter now i have 55 psi at rail. spark plugs seem to have no odor of any fuel. also when i put my key into ignition and turn it it gets locked in the ignition. i have to get it out by depressin g the shift lock mechanism inside of the shift column. so a mechanic pulled that mechanism out so i could get to the button easier to release the key. does this button have to be in place in order to start vehicle? note key is recognized per mercedes mechanic. also my brake lights not working. This year model did away with the brake light switch under the brake pedal so i dont know where the new location is. also changed brake fluid pressure sensor. does the fuel preessure sensor tell injectors to operate?

You should have the computer scanned to see if there is codes for cam or crank sensors and if they are sending signal to computer so it will open the injectors. Also check injectors for pulse by the computer. If no pulse then you may have a defective cam or crank sensor.