Q: Why won't my car start the low oil light came on i drove it about ten miles added oil started it drove about 3 blocks and it died

Why won't my car start the low oil light came on i drove it about ten miles added oil started it drove about 3 blocks and it died now it just turns over but will not start

Hi there:

Depending on what type of car you own, there could be multiple reasons why your car won’t start. If the oil light comes on, it typically indicates that you have low oil pressure as opposed to low oil level inside the engine. If the oil pressure is low, it is caused either by a faulty oil pump or sludge or obstructions inside the oil galleys in the engine. If this issue has been going on for a while, it may have caused internal damage which may be the reason why the car won’t start. To know for sure, you might want to have a mobile mechanic complete a car will not start inspection; so they can determine why this is happening and what repairs need to be completed to fix your vehicle.

• Why won't my car start the low oil light came on i drove it about ten miles added oil started it drove about 3 blocks and it died