Q: What is the estimated time that a repair for leaking gaskets to last. Also, for replacement of gasket covers?

My one of my gasket cover is fracture/damage and the gaskets are leaking. What is the expected time for the repair to last. Thank you.

Hi there:

In order to answer your question correctly, we need to know which gasket you’re referring. If you’re speaking about the valve cover gasket replacement, when done correctly, a valve cover gasket should last more than 100,000 miles without experiencing issues.

3. What is the estimated time that a repair for leaking gaskets to last. Also, for replacement of gasket covers?