Q: What conditions may keep the electronic key from operating properly?

What conditions may keep the electronic key from operating properly?

A: The electronic key can have a hard time wor...

The electronic key can have a hard time working for a variety of different reasons. If your electronic key is not operating correctly, it is most likely because of one of these reasons:

1. The signal is compromised by a stronger tower. The electronic key uses weak radio waves, and strong radio waves (such as TV towers, airports, and power plants) can keep the key from working properly.

2. The battery in the key is dead.

3. The key is covered, or in contact with certain metallic objects, such as metallic wallets, or coins.

4. Another wireless device, such as a portable radio or game system, and sometimes even a cell phone, is also in your pocket.

5. Another electronic key is in the range.

6. A metallic tint has been added to the rear window.