Q: What are the most common issues when you don't regularly maintain your car?

What are the consequences of not getting regular maintenance on your car? How often should I have maintenance done?

Routine maintenance is critical to engine performance. Routine maintenance usually involves changing certain fluids such as engine oil, transmission fluid, power steering fluid, brake fluid, power steering fluid, and engine coolant. These fluids need to be as clean as possible to avoid wearing out the part that holds the fluid. For example, your brake fluid absorbs moisture over time. Changing it regularly (per maintenance guidelines) prevents corrosion in your brake lines. Another example is engine oil. The lubrication properties of the oil breaks down over time and loses its ability to properly lubricate the internal engine components. The result is worn out internal components in the engine and costly repairs to follow.

There is more to maintenance than fluids. Filter changes, retorting of chassis components, spark plugs, to name a few. Additionally, manufacturers warranty s are void without completing your car’s scheduled routine maintenance.

• What are the most common issues when you don't regularly maintain your car?