Q: Trouble installing front suspension stock springs

I am working on an older model, 68 Bel Air and I have been trying to install the front suspension stock springs on a frame only project. I used coil spring compressors, however I have not been able to compress them enough. Another problem is that I can not get the spring to seat correctly. I have tried everything that I know to try. Could you tell me if you know of a way that I can accomplish this?

Hello there, thank you for asking about your 1968 Chevrolet Bel Air. There are some pretty good spring compressors on the market now, made from servicing modern struts. I really like the half circle style that comes with a few different size adapters. If you can’t get the springs into place, I suggest you have a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your home or office and install the springs in your car.

3. Trouble installing front suspension stock springs