Q: Q: Transmission???

When I put my car in reverse it shakes dosnt feel like its catching gears and feels like it's going to turn off. Feels very roughs when its in reverse or drive. Then it started making a very load screeching noise and shaking after it was in drive.Tried going up a little hill and it stopped. Check engine light came on. Car was still on though never shut off. Just wouldnt drive. While it was in drive on the hill it would ho backwards. Was able to put in reverse but not able to put in N or D.

This is often a sign of low transmission fluid or a faulty transmission control solenoid. As you know, automatic transmissions use pressurized hydraulic fluid to change gears. Every time a gear change is required, the car’s computer activates a transmission solenoid, which directs transmission fluid into the valve body to engage the correct gear. When this is faulty or not working properly, this can cause a delay in gear shifting or in some cases cause the car to not shift at all. This type of problem is amplified any time the transmission is low on fluid creating a drop in hydraulic pressure. The screeching noise you describe may be related to a failing torque converter. A torque converter going bad will typically make the most noise when the engine is running and the transmission is in gear with the vehicle sitting still. If you move the shift lever to the Neutral "N" position and the noise disappears, the case for a failing torque converter increases. Also, if the noise decreases as the vehicle begins rolling, the problem is almost definitely a failing torque converter. This is something that should be looked at by a mechanic as soon as possible as it will only get worse. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. Q: Transmission???