Q: Ticking when I first start driving

When I first start my vehicle in the morning, I usually hear a "clicking" or "ticking" noise coming from the engine. I don't think I've heard this before in my older vehicles. Once the engine warms up, the noise seems to disappear. Is this something to be concerned about? What could cause the noise?

If you feel this is a concern then have a mechanic listen to the noise to see if it may be normal or not. Some newer vehicles have emission control devices that may make noise when first started and then go away till it is restarted again. A certified mobile mechanic from YourMechanic can inspect the source of the noise at your home or office.