Q: Sputtering and missing while driving/ fuel pump replaced 4.6 liter engine Lincoln

could electronic ignition be the cause of missing and sputtering while driving fuel pump replaced last week.. gas filter replaced last year.. checked for vacuum leaks and loose wire connections and did not seem to be the answer.. runs good in park but when in drive it misses and sputters.. what would be the most common problem in electronic ignition that would cause this problem?

Hello - while it’s possible that the cause of your misfire under load is a bad ignition module, worn/weak spark plugs, or ignition coils (in that order) are far more likely to cause the misfire you’re experiencing. First task is to check on problem codes, whether Check Engine is illuminated or not. I would recommend an engine ignition system inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

• Sputtering and missing while driving/ fuel pump replaced 4.6 liter engine Lincoln