Q: snow mode engaged

hi i have a 93 opel vectra snow mode is engaged but the snow mode button doesnt work, any ideas on how to fix it?

3. snow mode engaged

Q: I shifted the lever to drive mode, but it goes to reverse mode. What is the problem?

You are very nearly right. There is a bowden type cable that connects the the shifter to the transmission. It has adjustable ends and one or more of those adjustments has probably worked loose. That or you might need a...

Q: What should I know about using snow cables?

While your SUV is equipped with tires capable of handling both mud and snow, if you live in an area where significant wintertime snow accumulates, you’ll probably want to invest in a set of snow cables (not chains – it’s...

Q: Electrical components not working in my car

The symptoms described for your Mazda indicate that you may indeed be dealing with a dead battery. As batteries age, they lose the ability to hold a charge and typically need to be replaced. Combining age with accidentally leaving a...