Q: Service AWD System light is coming on

asked by on September 30, 2016

The notification light for AWD system servicing as to be required is not going away. Does this mean that AWD system is failing and is it turned off until i fix it?

Hello. The "Service AWD System" light comes on when the computer detects that there is an issue with the AWD system. In most cases an issue with the AWD system will disable the system completely in order to protect the system from further damage. Also, keep in mind that sometimes this warning will come up for serious issues that can cause damage to the AWD system if the vehicle continues to be driven. I would recommend having the trouble codes retrieved as soon as possible to see what the issue may be. A certified professional from YourMechanic can help with this diagnosis if you need further assistance.