Q: Rover clutch is not working. What is wrong?

I have a rover 45, I press the clutch to the floor, put in to gear and let my foot of the clutch, nothing happens, what is wrong ?

Hi and thanks for contacting Your Mechanic. There could be 3 possible things that could be wrong with your clutch. The clutch could be out of adjustment, which for your vehicle it is self adjusting and may be needing to be replaced, the slave cylinder has a leak or the clutch master cylinder has a leak making the slave cylinder not work, or the clutch pedal pin has been broken and is not pushing on the rod to the clutch master cylinder. Check the clutch pedal and make sure that it is connected to the rod. Check the clutch master cylinder for there is fluid in the reservoir and its not contaminated. Go under the vehicle and check the slave cylinder and make sure that it is working. Have someone step on the clutch with the wheels chocked and see if the slave cylinder moves. See if the clutch fork moves. If everything is working, then the clutch needs replaced. If you need further assistance with your clutch not working issue, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.