Q: My tire is to the metal with no tread - I only have enough to get one tire. What tire do I replace?

I have one tire that is so down to no tread and the metal is exposed and my other tire has the spare on it I don't have enough money to get both tires fixed right now I only have enough to get one I have to last until Wednesday when I get money and it is Sunday now which tire should I replace with a new one the spare or the one with no tread I need to know which will last me until I get my money . My fiancé thinks we should keep the spare on until Wednesday but I heard that you can only have it on for 70 miles ?????? PLEASE HELP!!!!

Temporary spare tires are not meant to exceed 50 mph or be mounted on the car indefinitely. The safest route to take would be to replace the bad tire and return the spare to the trunk as soon as possible. That way, you have a new tire on the vehicle and use of the spare should another tire go bad before you can replace it. Driving with the spare on and no replacement tire should you get another flat will leave you stranded.

• My tire is to the metal with no tread - I only have enough to get one tire. What tire do I replace?