Q: Is it normal for a car with 31K to have any kind of engine problems?

I bought a used Impreza at 29K. With Impreza at 30K had to change O2 sensor, again have Check Engine light, and now was told it's a MAF sensor. Before that I drove 2.5K over a month time and a low oil level light came on - how come? I drove a Volvo for 100K and nothing ever broke. I have never, ever had to top off the oil in my Volvo. Did I buy a lemon?

Is it possible that you bought someones junk? Yes. I hate to say it but you may have. However, I always tell people when they buy a used car to have it serviced, new spark plugs/wires, oil/filter, air filter, and overall have it inspected because you do not know how the last person took care of it. Mass airflow sensor’s go out and it is not the fault of the owner. You may need to check your antifreeze level to make sure it’s normal. If your antifreeze is low it will burn more oil. If you would like, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office, to perform an inspection of your engine and guide you in the right direction for possible, but necessary repairs.

3. Is it normal for a car with 31K to have any kind of engine problems?