Q: Vehicle shut off while driving and will not restart, what could be the problem?

What's wrong with your vehicle when driving and it just shut off and won't crank

Hi there. Do any of the combination meter lights come on when you turn the key on? If not, then it sounds like the alternator may have failed and the battery became completely discharged. Have the battery tested, and recharged if needed, with a digital battery tester that provides current voltage, cold cranking amps, and state of health. Have the alternator output checked under both no load and load. This could also be an electrical fault in several other areas of the vehicle that will require diagnostic equipment to properly diagnose. I suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with a car does not start inspection.

• Vehicle shut off while driving and will not restart, what could be the problem?