Q: I was connecting a light to the dashboard fuse and when I went to turn on the car, it tuned on for a couple seconds then turn off

I was connected a light that I bought for the side of the car to the dashboard fuse and then when I tried to turn on the car, the dashboard lights didn't work but the rest of the interior lights worked and the car on,it stayed on for a few seconds.
My car's transmission is unknown to me.

3. I was connecting a light to the dashboard fuse and when I went to turn on the car, it tuned on for a couple seconds then turn off