Q: I was connecting a light to the dashboard fuse and when I went to turn on the car, it tuned on for a couple seconds then turn off

I was connected a light that I bought for the side of the car to the dashboard fuse and then when I tried to turn on the car, the dashboard lights didn't work but the rest of the interior lights worked and the car on,it stayed on for a few seconds.
My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Honda advises against altering the vehicles electrical system and/or tapping into existing circuits unless the tap and device are specifically allowed per the Factory Service Manual, a Honda Technical Service Bulletin, or an official Honda accessory wiring diagram. The reason it is not recommended to add anything to the car’s electrical system is because modern vehicles are computer controlled and voltage stability and freedom from RFI/EMI interference is essential. If you must add something, wire it directly to the battery and use appropriate fuses and relays. Also, make sure the added electrical load is "nominal" (i.e., small). If you need help wiring your accessory to the battery and/or you presently have a malfunction that has arisen due to the tap on the dash circuit, please request an electrical components diagnostic and a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, will get this investigated and resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. I was connecting a light to the dashboard fuse and when I went to turn on the car, it tuned on for a couple seconds then turn off