Q: Q: I think I might have bleach in my fuel tank, is there anyway I might be able to tell?

My car will not start and I have a distinct hint that it might be bleach, how may I be able to tell?

If you crank the vehicle over a few times and it doesn’t start, when you go to the exhaust you may be able to smell fuel if that is the problem. If the fuel pump has failed, you won’t be able to smell it because there is no fuel being sent to the engine. You can also pull off the gas cap and smell inside to see if it smells like bleach. Consider hring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can come out and take a closer look at the vehicle to help determine the cause of the no start situation.

3. Q: I think I might have bleach in my fuel tank, is there anyway I might be able to tell?