Q: I need a new ignition but they dont come with keys what do i do?

I need to buy a new ignition..the store said i can order a new one but it doesnt come with keys and they dont know what to do?

Hi there. If you need a new ignition switch then you will not need a key as that is behind the key cylinder. If it is the key lock cylinder where the key goes in that is bad then that will need to be replaced. When that gets replaced it will come with new keys. The new keys will then need to be programmed to the vehicle in order for the security system to work. If you need to have this ignition lock cylinder replaced, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to [replace the ignition lock cylinder] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/ignition-switch-replacement.

3. I need a new ignition but they dont come with keys what do i do?