Q: I'm in my daddy's car and he left it on for me so I can use the heater, does the vsa sign depict any warning

I walked to my daddy's workplace to wait for him in his car, so I sparked the car to on the heater and later on I saw the vsa sign. I want to know whether I'm not doing something right

The VSA Light is for Vehicle Stability Assist. It’s a system that can automatically apply the brakes on the individual wheels to control the stability of the car. If the light is on, it means the Controller has detected a fault in the system. There isn’t anything you will do while simply sitting in the car with the engine running that will cause a problem with the VSA. However, running the engine and sitting in a car that is stationary can be dangerous. If the exhaust system and the window and door seals are not in excellent condition exhaust can enter the car and harm you. It’s better just to get a blanket and endure the cold. As for the VSA, if you want to get that fixed, you can contact Your Mechanic and have a technician come to your home or office and check out the stability system and tell you what needs to be done.

• I'm in my daddy's car and he left it on for me so I can use the heater, does the vsa sign depict any warning