Q: I'm having transmission problems with my 2011 Chevy Equinox. When I turn the car on the odometer starts at a 2.

I have a 2011 Chevy Equinox 4 cylinder with 123000 miles on it. Im financing it through a used car dealership and just got it less than 2 months ago. I think it's having transmission problems. When I step on the gas the odometers resting point is at 2 and goes up to about 4 or 5 when driving and changing gears. Is this normal? The speed goes up very slowly then when it's changing gears it jerks forward before going into gear. Also after 1 week of having the car i went to get gas and they checked the oil. It had no oil in it at all! When I told the dealer this he said they just gave it an oil change before selling it to me. The AC also stopped working after a month and a half. They said the compressor had a hole in it so they put a new part in. And the day of getting the car the tire monitoring system light came on and it wouldn't reset so they put a new sensor in it. They told me that the transmission looks fine. There's nothing wrong with it. They said its probably a power iss

The slow acceleration that you are describing could be engine or transmission related. If the vehicle is not shifting at the correct shift points, and consequently engine RPM’s go way up (to 4,000-5,000 RPM) as it is stuck in a low gear, there could be an issue with a vehicle speed sensor, a shift solenoid or even the throttle position sensor. The vehicle will have to be diagnosed by a mechanic in order to determine where the cause lies. To get the underlying cause of the problem pinpointed and resolved, you can request an engine diagnostic for slow acceleration and the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. I'm having transmission problems with my 2011 Chevy Equinox. When I turn the car on the odometer starts at a 2.