Q: I have changed the car battery on my Renault Grand Scenic and used the car that day on the sunday. However 3 days later the car wo

The car had a flat battery and I changed this on the Sunday morning. That Sunday afternoon I used the car for around 30 mins and it was used on Monday. It was not used for two days and on the Wednesday when I tried to use it there are no lights on the dash. I tried opening the door using the fob and nothing opened. But I managed to open the door, Having looked under the bonnet all the connections to the car battery are still intact. Once I closed the bonnet and pressed the fob the car doors shut.

Hello, thank you for writing in. If the new battery has also failed to hold a charge, the alternator is likely not working correctly. You can test the alternator at home with a voltmeter, or you can remove it and have it tested at most automotive parts stores. It will need to be replaced if it has failed. You will also want to make sure all of the electrical connections are clean, dry, and tight. For more help testing or replacing the alternator, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

• I have changed the car battery on my Renault Grand Scenic and used the car that day on the sunday. However 3 days later the car wo