Q: I have a 2011 Audi A4 Avant 2.0 turbo and my car just started screeching we the idle is low. It sounds like a belt is slipping

I have a loud screeching sound coming from my engine when the idol is low. Could it be the belt tensioner? The screeching stops when I give the car some gas or exellerait. Do you have an idea what it might be? Thanks

You’re probably right, but there are a number of things that can give you a screeching noise including the belt tensioner itself. The front of the A4 engine is notoriously difficult to see, in most cases the front body panel has to be loosened and shifted forward to gain access so unless you have experience with that sort of thing you probably won’t be able to check it out yourself. If you contact Your Mechanic, they can send a technician to your home or office who can check out your screeching noise and let you know what it is going to take to fix it.

3. I have a 2011 Audi A4 Avant 2.0 turbo and my car just started screeching we the idle is low. It sounds like a belt is slipping