Q: how to know whether i should replace coils or spark plugs

I submitted an appointment for a spark plug replacement due to a misfire code. How do I know whether the root of the problem is spark plugs or coils.

What can be done is to determine which cylinders are misfiring and then take the ignition coils from those cylinders and move them to cylinders that are not misfiring. If the codes change to different cylinders, the ignition coils are bad. If the codes stay the same, spark plugs or other issues are likely the cause.

3. how to know whether i should replace coils or spark plugs