Q: How does the HomeLink® transceiver work?

How does the HomeLink® transceiver work?

A: If you drive an EX-L V6, then your car came...

If you drive an EX-L V6, then your car came standard with Honda’s HomeLink® universal transceiver. It’s a handy device that’s built right into your car and is designed to work with other things around your home, like your garage door or your home security system.

Note that if your garage door opener was made prior to April 1, 1982, there’s a good chance that it won’t work with HomeLink. You’ll also need to ensure that your garage door/opening system has an “external entrapment protection system” – an auto-reverse feature for safety.

To program your HomeLink system, refer to the following instructions:

1. It is always a good idea when you first receive your vehicle to erase any priorly learned codes. To erase the codes, hold the two outside buttons on the transceiver for approximately 10-20 seconds, until the red indicator light flashes. Release the buttons and proceed to program the buttons.

2. Hold the remote transmitter you wish to link 1-3 inches from the button you wish to program.

3. Press and hold the desired HomeLink button and the button on the remote you want to link. If the HomeLink indicator light starts blinking faster after about 10 seconds proceed to the next step. Otherwise, repeat the process, except this time press and release the button on the remote every two seconds. If the indicator light starts flashing rapidly after about 20 seconds, proceed to the next step. If you still have no success, return to Step 2, and attempt again.

4. Press and hold the HomeLink Button for about a second. If the device you were attempting to program activates, then you have completed programing your HomeLink button.

• If the device does not activate, press and hold the button once more.

• If the Indicator is on, your device should work if you press the button one more time.
  • If the indicator flashes twice the remains on, it indicates that your device utilizes a rolling code. In this instance, press the “Learn” button on the device you are trying to control and within 30 seconds press and hold the programmed HomeLink Button for 2 seconds.

1. Your remotely controlled device should now operate.
  • If you are having issues programming your HomeLink device you can contact HomeLink at 1-800-355-3515 or online at www.homelink.com.