Q: How do you use the seat heaters?

How do you use the seat heaters?

A: If your car is equipped with them, seat hea...

If your car is equipped with them, seat heaters can make driving in cold weather much more comfortable. Your car (again, if equipped) has a heater in both the driver front and the passenger front seats. Here’s what you need to know:

1. To use the seat heater, locate the buttons on the dash (with the heater and air conditioner controls).

2. Choose high or low.

Tips

• The driver front seat has a heater in the seat base, as well as in the seat back. The passenger front only has a heated seat base.

• When set to high, the heater will automatically turn itself off after it reaches maximum temperature.

• When set to low, the heater will cycle on and off to maintain the right temperature.

• Don’t use the seat heaters with the engine not running. This can drain the battery.