Q: How do I put on the lap and shoulder seat belt?

How do I put on the lap and shoulder seat belt?

A lap and shoulder is a very important safety feature that gives you protection in the event of an accident. You should always wear your seat belt, as it can save your life, and is also legally required. Putting on your lap and shoulder belt requires just a few steps.

1. Adjust your seat. You want to make sure that your seat is in the position that you’ll keep it in before you put on your lap and shoulder seat belt.

2. Locate the belt connector, which is placed on the frame behind the front doors (for the front seats). Full the lap and shoulder seat belt out of the belt connector with one hand.

3. With your other hand, hold the belt latch, which is attached to the seat on the side opposite the belt connector. Place the buckle of the seat belt into the belt latch until you hear it click.

4. Adjust the straps. The shoulder strap should lay across your shoulder, and not be digging into your neck. The lap strap should be underneath your abdomen, and comfortable.

Tip

Make sure that the lap and shoulder belt is not twisted when you latch it, otherwise it will not provide maximum safety.

3. How do I put on the lap and shoulder seat belt?