Q: Hi I have a 2002 range Rover can't unlock doors or turn car on

Someone said I need a new key from dealer.

If the key is not turning in the door lock or the ignition lock, you probably do need a new key. You can order one via the serial number, but you will probably have to show the title to the car for obvious reasons. But if the key is turning and the car is not reacting, then you may have lost communication with the key. Modern cars have chips in the keys that communicate with the car through a rolling code, (a code that changes every time the key is used) Different things can happen that can cause the car to lose communication with the key. Finding the problem will require using the appropriate scanning equipment and software, a generic scanner won’t do the trick in this case. You can have this work done at your home or office by contacting Your Mechanic. They can send you a technician who can check out your lock problems and let you know what it is going to take to fix it.

3. Hi I have a 2002 range Rover can't unlock doors or turn car on