Q: Having a hard time installing a new clutch cable.

My old clutch cable snapped and I bought a new one, at first I figured it would be easy to replace but i'm having a very hard time trying to put the new one on. I have it installed to the clutch lever its just the other end is not going on the fork like its supposed to.

You need to connect the new cable to the transmission first. Then, with the up stopper off of the clutch pedal lever, connect the stopper to the clutch cable and reconnect the stopper to the clutch lever. When you push the clutch a few times the automatic adjuster should set the pedal free travel to the proper settings. If the cable will not adjust then the adjuster may have been damaged when removing the bad cable. If you need some help with this, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can help you with the replacement of your clutch cable and ensure that it functions properly.