Q: Engine noise almost like a dull rattle but no check engine light not on

Last few days engine make a muffled rattling sound. Notice more on slow acceleration and when stopped. No check engine light, definitely coming from engine and not tires. Tire pressure good oil pressure good transmission fluid good

Hi Le. Thanks for contacting us today. There are many reasons why a noise like this can occur, but in most cases, it’s due to a vacuum or exhaust leak. However, it could also be due to an air intake that is loose or damaged, loose serpentine belt pulley or a host of other possible sources. You might want to have a professional mechanic complete an inspection to help locate the source of this noise before attempting any repairs.