Q: does a leaking fuel pump and or an overheating coolant pump cause significant damage to the enginge?

There are malfunctioning issues with my car that lead to Audi issuing a recall on these parts. One being a leaking fuel pump and the other is a faulty coolant pump that can become full of debris and overheat that may cause a fire. My issue is that the engine has been broken down to find that one of the cylinders is misfiring and it was discovered that the piston ring is broken. Can either, if not both, of the recall issues have a great effect on the engine breaking down or are they completely separate?

3. does a leaking fuel pump and or an overheating coolant pump cause significant damage to the enginge?