I have an 89 Chevy S10 2.5L 5 speed (manual). It did NOT ...

I have an 89 Chevy S10 2.5L 5 speed (manual). It did NOT have an ECM in it when I bought it. I put one in it from another s10 but I can’t get fuel to come through the injector. Could this be caused by the ECM not coming from the c...

I have an 89 Chevy S10 2.5L 5 speed (manual). It did NOT have an ECM in it when I bought it. I put one in it from another s10 but I can’t get fuel to come through the injector. Could this be caused by the ECM not coming from the correct matching truck? Mechanic's Assistant: Have you noticed an increase in fuel consumption? And how does the S10 start—same as usual? It won’t start it cranks but won’t run Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your S10? 1989 Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your S10 yourself? What have you tried so far? Replaced fuel pump, fuel filter, fuel injector, [spark plugs](/topics-spark-plug-chevy/) and wires, control module in the distributor Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you? Replaced the pick-up coil also

Automotive Expert
Hello, My name is \*\*\*\*\* \*\*\*\*\* I will do all I can to help you tonight.

Ok
Automotive Expert
Did the pcm you installed come out of a truck with a 2.5?
Automotive Expert
It is possible that the eprom is incorrect, but the truck should still start. Do you have a digital volt meter and a test light that does not have an led bulb in it so we can do some testing?

No I don't have a volt meter and test lightThe fuel will make it all the way to the throttle body but won't come out the injector
Automotive Expert
Can you go to your local auto parts store and buy them? [https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/b/performance-tool-4601/lighting---electrical-16777/voltage---circuit-testers-17517/c4c752a12115/performance-tool-electrical-tester/w2975c/4613760/2003/honda/civic?q=test+light&pos=4](https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/b/performance-tool-4601/lighting---electrical-16777/voltage---circuit-testers-17517/c4c752a12115/performance-tool-electrical-tester/w2975c/4613760/2003/honda/civic?q=test+light&pos=4) and the volt meter, [https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/b/performance-tool-4601/tools---equipment-16488/tools-23747/mechanics-tools-16816/diagnostic-16546/multimeters---analyzers-18278/d7133ad0d29f/performance-tool-multimeter/w2974/4613759/2003/honda/civic?q=volt+meter&pos=1](https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/b/performance-tool-4601/tools---equipment-16488/tools-23747/mechanics-tools-16816/diagnostic-16546/multimeters---analyzers-18278/d7133ad0d29f/performance-tool-multimeter/w2974/4613759/2003/honda/civic?q=volt+meter&pos=1) You can start with the test light, it may be the only tool you need, but we may need the volt meter if the test light does not give us all the data we need to get the truck up and running. I will walk you through the testing step by step if you can get these tools to work with.
Automotive Expert
Where you able to get a test light? The used computer will not be the problem. With a test light and digital volt meter I can help you find the problem.