Q: Brakes squealing issue on a vehicle with the Brembo braking system

I have a vehicle with the Brembo brake system. I replaced the brake pads and rotors. I replaced the pads with carbon ceramics and the rotors with slotted BMS. My issue is when the brakes warm up I get an awful squealing. Please help.

You’ve made a mistake. You have slotted discs. Slotted discs are noisy. They are great for racing. Race car drivers get them because of all those holes that dissipate the heat better. They don’t fade when they race and stop and race and stop. But they are also noisy.

The race car guys obviously don’t care too much about the noise. They don’t have mufflers and those things are as noisy as hell. They don’t care about the things like that. But, if you don’t like noise, don’t have slotted discs because they always make noise. And if they are making noise now in new condition, they are going to make even more noise as they get older. Realize that.

Slotted discs just make noise. They weren’t designed for regular driving. It’s a racing design and the racing people don’t care about noise. They will stop better. You’ve got really good stopping brakes there. But they are going to be noisy.

3. Brakes squealing issue on a vehicle with the Brembo braking system