Q: Blinkers flash irregulary and then stop

My car is having trouble with the blinkers (both of them). When I flip the right or left blinkers, they click and flashes 2 to 3 times and the clicking is irregular, and then stops. Other times when I use the left or the right blinkers, neither will turn on at all. The flashers work fine. I wanted to make sure, so I turned them to check if a light was out, but they are fine. In your assessment, what is causing this?

Hello there. Many different parts can cause the turn signals to intermittently operate. The most likely causes include the turn signal flasher unit, the turn signal stalk, or a wiring issue. If you’d like, you could have this checked by a qualified mechanic from YourMechanic. They will be able to inspect your blinker issue and proceed with the correct repair.

3. Blinkers flash irregulary and then stop