Q: 1995 camry extremely hard to turn wheel, then all of a sudden breaks loose and turns well. this is happpening each time car is fir

I started the car last night , which was very cold. i tried backing out of driveway it was very hard to turn wheel right or left. Suddenly the wheel got loose and was easy to turn. i shut off the engine and went inside. later came out to move car again and the same thing happened. It did the exact same thing this morning. Out of concern, I haven't driven anywhere. I do hear a noise when the wheel finally turns.

There are only a limited number of possibilities: 1) strut bearing plate bearings and/or steering linkages are binding; 2) the power steering pump and/or drive belt are faulty; 3) the steering rack is binding; 4) there are obstructions in the power steering hydraulic circuit. None of these issues are insurmountable in terms of diagnostics and any required repairs. If you would like the root cause pinpointed, and estimated for mobile repair, please schedule service via YourMechanic’s steering system diagnostic service request page. If you request that service, the responding certified mechanic will get this diagnosed and resolved, and all right at your location at the lowest possible cost. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.

3. 1995 camry extremely hard to turn wheel, then all of a sudden breaks loose and turns well. this is happpening each time car is fir