Q: 04 f250 was in gear An someone drug it from behind up a hill. Tires were locked An then broke lose at the end. Transmission?

Truck was parked in garage in park I had the keys with me. Someone tried too drag the truck backwards out of the garage with a tractor An up a slight incline, tires stayed locked until they broke loose at the end. Truck doesn't start so I can't check the transmission but could it be the transmission or something else?

3. 04 f250 was in gear An someone drug it from behind up a hill. Tires were locked An then broke lose at the end. Transmission?